On May 7, 2020, Conn Maciel Carey LLP’s COVID-19 Taskforce presented a complimentary webinar: Returning to Work Strategies – Employment and Workplace Safety Implications of COVID-19.
As the federal government and states begin to relax shutdown and stay-at-home orders and non-essential businesses begin to resume or ramp-up operations, employers need to plan for the safe and healthy return of their employees, customers, and guests back into the workplace. During this webinar, participants heard from members of Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force as they discussed how to develop and implement a Return-to-Work Plan.
Participants learned about the following:
- How to recall furloughed employees to qualify for loan forgiveness under the Paycheck Protection Program
- New federal paid leave laws and their application to employees returning from furlough
- Navigating the FLSA requirements for exempt employees who may be performing non-exempt work as work ramps up
- Preventing third-party interference from labor unions and organizing attempts
- COVID-19 Infection/Exposure Control Plans
- Pre-shift Health Screening Protocols and best practices (e.g., temperature checks and health/symptom questionnaires)
- Effective engineering and administrative controls to mitigate potential exposures to COVID-19 in the workplace
- Decisions about Personal Protective Equipment, Respirators, Face Masks, and Face Coverings
- Recording and Reporting to OSHA and workforce about confirmed employee COVID-19 infections
- “Lessons learned” from the first wave of COVID-19 furloughs and how to prepare for the potential second wave in the Fall
We are pleased to share links to a copy of the slides and a recording of the webinar. We are putting up new content about CV-19 on our OSHA Defense Report blog and Employer Defense Report blog just about every day. Here is a link that should include each individual article on the topic. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out as we are in regular contact with OSHA and CDC to help answer our clients’ questions about how to manage this crisis. Chances are good that whatever questions you all are facing, we have heard and helped answer them already.
Click here to view our full schedule, detailed program descriptions, and individual registration pages for the remaining webinars in the 2020 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. To register for all of Conn Maciel Carey’s Labor and Employment webinars, click here to send an email request, and we will get you automatically registered.
If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual Labor and Employment Webinar Series, here is a link to Conn Maciel Carey’s webinar archive.
* * * * * * * *
For additional employer resources on issues related to COVID-19, please visit Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 FAQ Page for an extensive index of frequently asked questions with our answers about HR, employment law, and OSHA regulatory related developments and guidance. Likewise, subscribe to our Employer Defense Report blog and OSHA Defense Report blog for regular updates about COVID-19 and other important Labor & Employment and OSHA issues. Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force is monitoring federal, state, and local developments closely and is continuously updating these blogs and the FAQ page with the latest news and resources for employers.