In the modern workplace, employers must proactively understand and comply with privacy laws that will affect their employees. Failing to do so could result in potentially costly civil litigation, government enforcement actions, and employee trust/ goodwill losses. At present, employee privacy rights are governed by a tricky combination of state and federal laws as well as commonly followed data protection best practices.
Participants in this webinar learned:
- What is the “right to privacy” in the workplace?
- Key workplace privacy issues for employers to consider
- Handling medical records and personnel files
- Monitoring employee internet usage and emails
- Conducting background checks
- Drug and alcohol testing policies
- Storing biometric data
- Drafting employee privacy policies such as bring your own device (BYOD) policies
- Updates on federal and state privacy laws that affect employers
This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you would like to be registered for the entire 2023 Labor and Employment Webinar series, click here to send us an email request, and we will register you.
This was the 8th webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey LLP’s 2023 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule and detailed program descriptions for all of the webinars scheduled for the 2023 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual Labor and Employment Webinar Series, view our Labor and Employment Webinar Library to access all of our webinar recordings. Also, click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel and get an email notification when new recordings become available.