Wage and hour issues continue to be hotly litigated under the numerous federal and state laws governing employee wages, hours worked, meal and rest breaks and more. The availability of class actions and representative actions raise the stakes even higher for employers.
Participants in this webinar will learn:
- An overview of key issues regarding compensatory time
- Issues arising over properly classifying workers as exempt v. non-exempt employees and independent contractors
- Recent updates regarding wage and hour considerations
- Trends in litigation, including class action and collective action cases
- Best practices and common pitfalls to avoid and mitigate the risk of future wage and hour litigation
Click here to register for the June 20th webinar.
This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you would like to be registered for the entire 2023 Labor and Employment Webinar series, click here to send us an email request, and we will register you.
This is the 6th webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey LLP’s 2023 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule and detailed program descriptions for all of the webinars scheduled for the 2023 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual Labor and Employment Webinar Series, view our Labor and Employment Webinar Library to access all of our webinar recordings. Also, click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel and get an email notification when new recordings become available.