2023 brings changes for California employers to a range of topics touching on pay equity and marijuana use, as well as wage and hour compliance. This webinar reviewed compliance obligations for companies doing business in California, as well as discuss the practical impact of these new laws and best practices for avoiding potential employment-related claims.
Participants in this webinar learned about:
- New pay equity law requiring disclosure of employee pay scales
- Job protections for cannabis use
- Expanded leave entitlements including under the California Family Rights Act
- Changes to the Cal/WARN Act applicable to mass layoffs, relocations, and terminations
- Rulemaking mandate on Heat Illness and Wildfire Smoke Standards
- Fast Food Council to set minimum workplace standards
- Industry-specific mandates on sexual violence and human trafficking
- Notice requirements for using electronic monitoring devices in employee vehicles
- Changes to farmworker labor relations
- Other wage and hour legal developments
This program has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™recertification through HRCI®.
This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you would like to be registered for the entire 2023 series, click here to send us an email request, and we will register you.
This was the 1st webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey LLP’s 2023 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule and detailed program descriptions for all of the webinars scheduled for the 2023 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual Labor and Employment Webinar Series, view our Labor and Employment Webinar Library to access all of our webinar recordings. Also, click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel and get an email notification when new recordings become available.