On Tuesday, January 18, 2022, Dan C. Deacon presented a webinar regarding NYC’s Private Employer Vaccine Mandate – Everything You Need to Know.
On December 19, 2021, Mayor Bill de Blasio and the New York City Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene issued a private employer vaccine mandate which requires workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public for work to provide proof of vaccination before entering the workplace. The mandate did not provide much of a runway for employers to come into compliance, as employers had to make sure employees received their first vaccine dose by December 27th – just eleven days from the announcement.
It is also important to remember that all New York employers remain subject to the NY HERO Act, which requires employers to implement a written airborne infectious disease plan and certain exposure controls whenever the Health Commissioner declares a public health emergency involving an airborne infectious disease.
During this webinar, we provided a detailed analysis of this latest development and answered key questions including:
- Which businesses are covered by the Order?
- What does the Order required covered entities to do?
- Who must display proof of vaccination?
- Do I need to check proof of vaccination for contractors visiting my workplace who are employed by another company?
- What kind of records do I need to keep when I check for proof of vaccination?
- How do I verify my workers’ proof of vaccination?
- Do I need to verify proof of vaccination for workers who do not live in New York City?
- What if a worker says their religion or a medical condition prevents them from getting vaccinated?
- Are employers required to pay employees if they did not submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccine dose or a request for a reasonable accommodation by the Dec. 27th deadline?
This program was valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you would like to be registered for the entire 2022 series, click here to send us an email request, and we will register you.
This was the kickoff webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey LLP’s 2022 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule and detailed program descriptions for all of the webinars scheduled for the 2022 Labor and Employment Webinar Series.
If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual Labor and Employment Webinar Series, view our Labor and Employment Webinar Library to access of our webinar recordings. Also, click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel and get an email notification when new recordings become available.