On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET, join Andrew J. Sommer and Megan S. Shaked for a webinar regarding California Employment Law Update for 2021: New Legal Requirements and Practical Compliance Strategies Every HR Professional and Manager Should Know.
2021 brings significant changes for California employers, from legislation and Cal/OSHA rulemaking associated with COVID-19 prevention to wage and hour developments. This webinar will review compliance obligations for companies doing business in California, as well as discuss the practical impact of these new laws and best practices for avoiding potential employment-related claims.
Participants in this webinar will learn about:
- The new Cal/OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard as well as industry-specific legislation on COVID-19 prevention
- COVID-19-related reporting mandates, following potential exposure in the workplace and in the case of outbreaks in the workplace
- The new requirement to submit an annual report of employee pay data to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing beginning March 31, 2021
- Review of the ABC test used in determining whether a worker is an employee or independent contractor for purposes of the wage and hour violations and unemployment claims and new exceptions
- Other wage and hour and leave of absence legal developments
- Current minimum wage requirements both statewide and on local level
This program is valid for 1.00 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
Click here to register for this webinar.
This will be the 1st regularly scheduled webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey’s 2021 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule, detailed program descriptions, and individual registration pages for all of the webinars in the 2021 Labor and Employment Webinar Series. To register for all of Conn Maciel Carey’s Labor and Employment webinars, click here to send us an email request, and we will register you. If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual Labor and Employment Webinar Series, here is a link to Conn Maciel Carey’s webinar archive.
* * * * * * * * * *
For resources on issues related to COVID-19, please visit Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Resource Page for an extensive index of frequently asked questions with our answers about HR, employment law, and OSHA regulatory developments and guidance, as well as COVID-19 recordkeeping and reporting flow charts. Likewise, subscribe to our Employer Defense Report blog and OSHA Defense Report blog for regular updates about the Labor and Employment Law or OSHA implications of COVID-19 in the workplace. Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force is monitoring federal, state, and local developments closely and is continuously updating these blogs and the FAQ page with the latest news and resources for employers.