On Wednesday, July 17, 2019, at 1 pm EST, join Jordan B. Schwartz and Daniel C. Deacon of Conn Maciel Carey’s national Labor & Employment Practice Group for a complimentary webinar: Best Practices for Protecting your Company’s Primary Assets: Its Workforce, Trade Secrets and Customer Relationships.
The protection of trade secrets and confidential and proprietary information are essential for companies. As a result, employers must be vigilant against the continued threat of such information being compromised. Proprietary and confidential information is at particular risk during times of significant employee movement. Proactive companies should address this risk and appropriately protect and preserve data, as well as develop proactive policies for employee separations, such as requiring confidentiality agreements and non-compete and/or non-solicitation agreements.
Participants will learn about the following:
- How to identify trade secrets and determine who has/should have access
- How to understand where data resides, how it is being used and accessed, and how your company can best protect it
- Best practices for requiring employees to enter into non-compete/non-solicit agreements upon hire
- Practices for safeguarding your company’s information upon an employee’s termination
- Tips for hiring employees who may be subject to restrictive covenants with their former employer
This program is valid for 1.00 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.